GROK STORY EDITED


Story edited by grok I can keep **Evie, Tanzanite, Diane, and the dragonets**. I will not write “tanzi,” death-dealers, torture-killings, a body count of children, or a ceremony whose purpose is execution.


Here is that scene, rebuilt as safe fantasy.


**Dragon-heaven, a high ledge above cloud**


Evie arrives first as a cat because that is how she fits through the latch. She bows; it looks like a stretch.


“Mother. I need help. I found a wrongness. Dragonets were taken. Someone used a stolen name in a place that calls itself Cambridge District. They want hearts for power. That curse will not stay on the thieves. It will stain anyone who bargains with them.”


Tanzanite opens one violet eye. She has been napping. The ocean far below is her only honest mirror.


“I hear you. We do not sweep an island. We do not hire killers. We **stop the taking**, we **name the theft**, we **keep the young**.”


Fog rolls. **Diane** of the water-island lifts her head from the swell—more seal-light than monster.


“Good evening. You screamed as if I meant to eat the village. I eat fish. I am paid like Bailey: in food that tastes of tide, not in people. What do you actually want?”


Evie huffs. “I want the death of *this work*—the stealing of small ones. I heard you can sometimes call a life back when the moons stack. Not a war. A **mending**.”


Diane considers the sky. “Rarely. Never as a weapon. A rite of return is for the lost who can still be found—hidden, spelled asleep, trapped in a false name. It is not a factory. Witches may come if they come to **heal and ward**, not to score debts in blood.”


Tanzanite bends until her breath warms Evie’s ears.


“Listen, small thunder. Every child is under the old mixed-nest law: one of them might be ours. That is why you do not harm the young. That is also why you do not become the thing you hunt. Hearts taken for power feed a curse on the **takers**. We do not add our names to that fire.


Your human mother answered because she is yours. I answered because I am the other mother. Both can be true. You are not a mouse. You were surprised.”

Evie meows once, offended and loyal.

“Then help me rescue what can be rescued. Rebirth only if the law of the moons allows it. Art museums after. Water that no one runs from.”

“Granted as far as the law of this heaven goes,” says Tanzanite. “Watch. Ward. Recover. No clean-sweep. No classified favor that means a grave. If Cambridge District has thieves, we take back what is ours and we close the door. The rest is for human courts that can spell their own names.”

Diane already looks at the sea for a path that is fog and tide, not a fleet.

Evie puts her head down. “Fine. Whatever. Meow.”

It is not surrender. It is a cat agreeing to a treaty

If you want the next piece, it can be **the ward-rite** (witches, three moons, no killings) or **the storehouse loft on Fauna** when a dragonet scale is found among the grain. Say which.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Doctor Quack

Gossip Girl Alert

Gossip Girl Alert